Have questions or need help?
We’re here for you.
ᎤᏩᏒᎤᏓᏅᏖᎸ (U wa shv u da nv te lv) – “The one helps you from the heart”
We believe that care and service delivered most effectively are delivered from the heart.
Call our EBCI Tribal Option Member/Provider Services team: Monday-Friday – 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. – 800.260.9992 (TTY 711)
We can help with:
- Understanding your benefits.
- Member handbooks.
- Free translation services.
- Connecting you to your Care Manager.
- Answering provider questions.
The EBCI Tribal Option will be closed on the following Holidays in 2021: New Year’s Day (January 1st), Martin Luther King Jr. Day (January 18th), President’s Day (February 15th), Good Friday (April 2nd), Memorial Day (May 31st), Independence Day (July 5th), Labor Day (September 6th), Indian Heritage Day (October 6th), Veteran’s Day (November 11th), Thanksgiving (November 25th), Tsali Day (November 26th), Christmas Eve (December 24th), and New Year’s Eve (December 31st).
NC Medicaid Ombudsman: 877.201.3750
NC Medicaid Ombudsman is a resource you can contact if you need help with your healthcare needs. NC Medicaid Ombudsman is an independently operated, nonprofit organization whose only job is to ensure that individuals and families who receive North Carolina Medicaid and NC Health Choice get access to the care that they need.
NC Medicaid Ombudsman can:
- Answer your questions about benefits.
- Help you understand your rights and responsibilities.
- Provide information about Medicaid and Medicaid Managed Care.
- Answer your questions about enrolling with or un-enrolling from a health plan.
- Help you understand a notice you have received.
- Refer you to other agencies that may be able to assist you with your healthcare needs.
- Help to resolve issues you are having with your healthcare provider or health plan.
- Be an advocate for members dealing with an issue or a complaint affecting access to healthcare.
- Provide information to assist you with your appeal, grievance, mediation, or fair hearing.
- Connect you to legal help if you need it to help resolve a problem with your healthcare.
CIHA patient registration for IHS eligibility: 828.497.9163
If your IHS eligibility is denied, yet you feel entitled to these services, you can appeal by contacting the CIHA Patient Registration Manager. This appeal will be processed by the CIHA Eligibility Committee and a decision rendered within thirty (30) days of filing the appeal.
Request for information.